Ivan,

I do not want to create new files. As far as I know, now we copy segments
to archive dir before they get checkpointed. What I suggest is to copy them
to a temp dir under wal directory and then move to archive. In my
understanding at the time we copy the files to a temp folder all changes to
them are already fsynced.

Correct?

Yakov Zhdanov,
www.gridgain.com