Hi, I didn't get the point why it may be required to separate WAL work, WAL
uncheckpointed archive (some work outside segment rotation) and
checkpointed archive (which is better to be compressed using Ignite new
feature - WAL compressor).

Please consider new no-archiver mode implemented recently.

If archive folder confuses end user, grid admin may set up this mode (all
segments is placed in 1 directory) instead of introducing folders.