Hi Igniters,

Being a technical writer, I'm going to contribute to Ignite's documentation, and I believe documentation is an important part of every product, especially such a complex product as Apache Ignite.

I'd like to put forward a suggestion on how to increase our chances of making Ignite documentation more comprehensive. The basic idea is to have a Jira issue with the Component field set to "Documentation" for every feature that needs to be documented. This will ensure that there are documentation issues that cover the entire product functionality. Then someone can take on an issue and contribute an article on the subject.

This is how I envision it to work technically. A new field (checkbox) is added to the Apache Ignite Jira project. The checkbox indicates that the feature requested in this issue needs to be documented. The checkbox is selected by default. If the feature does not require documentation, then the author unchecks the checkbox. If it does require documentation, the author creates a related Jira issue selecting "Documentation" in the Component field, providing details on what exactly should be documented.

The field is called "Requires documentation" or similarly. It could be also useful to create a new issue type for documentation issues exclusively.

Once this is done, we'll be able to filter out

1. issues that do not require documentation,
2. issues that have related documentation tickets, and
3. issues that require documentation but have no related issues (which
   means that the author forgot to create a documentation issue for it).

Please share your thoughts about this.

Best regards,

Artem Budnikov