Denis, Igniters,

I want to add 2 cents to make it as clear as possible

Every contributor and committer (whatever company he is working for) is
appreciated and I encourage all GridGain'ers to participate.

Everyone participates as an individual. So if someone provides some tool in
his or her own GitHub - it may be ok in some cases. We're still using
abbrev plugin hosted in my public individual GitHub repository.

But once we have something which is prepared and released for Ignite
outside of the project, by any company - we may face a situation that
- the release is not possible because we need a release of dependency first
- a company changed its priorities, the company does not consider this
project is strategic anymore. This happens from time to time in OpenSource.

And if release is not possible - what is the point? what's the point to
discuss, to contribute code? It won't reach users.  Impossibility to
release Ignite = shortest way to the Attic.

Ignite PMC members should prevent such outside locks, and protect the
project from commercial interests influence. This helps to increase
diversity and community building, as well.

We already have locked in relation to
- DEB/RPM package release (I don't know if PMC knows how to prepare it),
- we have some gridgain:shmem with unclear reasoning behind,
- we have Node.js packages without releasing procedure.

I hope we will overcome it soon and we don't need to start the healing
process.

Nevertheless, we will not add new (dead)locks. I hope it is enough
justification for -1.

Sincerely,
Dmitriy Pavlov

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this email are those of the author,
and do not necessarily represent the views of any company the author
might be affiliated with at the moment of writing.