Hi Ivan,

I don’t need a policy to clearly understand that the Apache project stops
to be healthy once it is controlled by one entity. This is related to
governance, not to OSI approved license (if a lib is open-source or not).

Apache mission - Create software for the public good.

Apache project is:

- Open Source, commercial-friendly Licence,

- Open Governance (clear, documented leader election),

- Open Brand (Brand owner is always ASF, it is a non-profit, charity
organization).

And once community adds a dependency to any vendor-controlled and released
artifact I suppose it is not anymore for the public good, it is for good of
vendor. A goal can be to be advertized using this open-source project and
the Apache brand. Vendor in some cases want just Apache brand, and rarely
shares Apache principles and Apache Way.

Maybe Konstantin could explain better than me, why the community should not
accept vendor-provided dependencies.

Hopefully, Cos can also evaluate idea separate GitHub repository with full
control from PMC (root credentials is placed to private SVN + clear release
procedure).

Sincerely,

Dmitriy Pavlov

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this email are those of the author,
and do not necessarily represent the views of any company the author
might be affiliated with at the moment of writing.