Ilya, let me personally thank you for checking and filing this bug.

I checked timeline for [result] [vote] email and new email describing new
issue. Unfortunately, after closing the vote it is not possible to stop
release from publishing (only if RM will delay publish stage after closing
the vote). In this case publishing already happened, so replacing existing
binary with new one can cause a lot of mess.

What do you think about our future steps to learn from this case? It is
possible to keep vote open longer that 72hours if someone is still checking
things. Would it help if we agree on RM will delay closing the voting
process until all interested participants finish their checks?

Sincerely,
Dmitriy Pavlov