If you want to make is simpler to have the components that you want, but have
that be immutable at install time you could take an approach similar to the way
spring does it with their initializer ( https://start.spring.io/ )  as an
example... Basically the concept being something that produces a set of
configurations that are used to define what the environment looks like ( these
could be k8s objects ) they could be spring-configuration objects? They could
be something that you develop all upon ignite ( probably wouldn’t recommend
this approach )  there seems to be plenty of these types of things already

Example
* https://spring.io/guides/gs/centralized-configuration
*
https://cocoon.apache.org/subprojects/configuration/spring-configurator/index.html

And I'm by no means saying to use spring these are just examples that I came
across

I'm thinking the outcome needs to be a platform config of source ( that can be
checked in for those doing gitops ) and maybe ends up as a config map for those
doing k8s, and some other fashion for those doing something else.

Honestly I am not deep enough into the internals of ignite to know how this
might work for the platform, was more describing what I'm seeing from a bigger
picture trend

Regards

Adam Carbone | Director of Innovation – Intelligent Platform Team | Bottomline
Technologies
Office: 603-501-6446 | Mobile: 603-570-8418
www.bottomline.com

On 8/13/20, 7:55 PM, "Valentin Kulichenko" <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>