Michael, welcome to the community!

Igniters, let me introduce you to Michael, who is working on the Micronaut
integration for Ignite
<https://github.com/micronaut-projects/micronaut-ignite>. Even though the
integration is hosted in the Micronaut repository, I thought it's in our
interest to help Michael with the APIs design and support with other
Ignite-specific challenges he might hit on the road. @Saikat Maitra, @Ilya
Kasnacheev, @Valentin Kulichenko, I would appreciate if you folks get
involved, at least, in the API design phase.

Michael, answering your questions

So I already have 2 implemented but I'm not really sure what you mean by
> autostart for number 1? so at the moment I have the thin-client omitted
> just for simplicity and I think it could just be added in afterwards. I'm
> not sure how important it is in the whole scheme of things since this is my
> first time really looking at ignite. we can start there and figure out
> those details.

Instead of the autostart, I was intended to say the autoconfigure feature,
which is a Spring Boot term
<https://apacheignite-mix.readme.io/docs/spring-boot#autoconfiguration-of-apache-ignite-servers-and-clients>.
Sorry for the confusion. Anyway, that's when Micronaut automatically starts
an Ignite client instance based on configuration settings. As you confirmed
below, the integration logic already does this.

When we design new public APIs, we frequently take advantage of Ignite Wiki
by creating design documents that comprise an API interface with code
samples showing how a developer is supposed to use the API.
You tweak the APIs with code samples until those are settled. This approach
helps to assess the APIs from the end-user standpoint and avoid common
design mistakes before coding and releasing a feature for public usage.
Furthermore, such design pages are an excellent source for a technical
documentation that you create regardless. Check the "Key Interfaces" and
"Examples" sections of the tracing feature's design page
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/IEP-48%3A+Tracing>.

So, my suggestion to you would be as follows:

   - Create the Micronaut Integration page under the Design Documents tree
   <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Design+Documents>.
   Sign up on the wiki and tell me your email/id. I'll grant you all the
   required editing permissions.
   - On that page, create a section for the autoconfigure feature by
   listing all possible configuration parameters the user can pass in YAML
   files and examples of how a client instance can be injected in application
   logic. Guess, thin and thick clients will be configured differently.
   - Another section should be related to the Micronaut Caching API. Again,
   public Ignite-specific APIs we're adding to Micronaut and how the user is
   supposed to use those.

Once the page is ready, we'll start brainstorming on the APIs together
using this discussion thread.

3 is giving me some problems since the SQL generated does not match up.
> ignite rejected the query when I have auto generated fields in the DDL
> statement and I've also dropped the scheme from the SQL and used the scheme
> to resolve the target cache. I'm using SqlFieldsQuery to make the request
> but there seems to be a few query options:

If you'd like to carry on with this part of the integration, then I would
start a separate discussion on the dev list. Or just put it off for a bit
until we sort out the clients' configuration and Micronaut Caching APIs.

-
Denis