Folks,

I've found that LOG4J2 2.17.0 version is released [1]. According to
the description and risk mitigation [2] it is recommended the version
update. Since the release has not happened yet I think it is possible
to update the dependency in the 2.11.1 release too.

WDYT?

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-3230
[2] https://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/security.html