Hi,

On 11/20/06, Edgar Poce <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
The jackrabbit server is already integrated in the navigator

Ah, nice!

Should we target at eventually merging the two webapps, or is it
better to keep them separate?

Btw, sharing the jcr session between the webdav servlets and the
navigator is in my todo list.

It would probably be good to come up with some best practice on how
access a JCR session from a servlet or a JSP page.

Note that unless we use a SynchronizedSession decorator, it's better
if the JCR session is placed in request scope than in the session
scope to avoid problems with concurrent requests. We should perhaps
use a ServletRequestListener (or a Filter if servlet 2.3 support is
needed) that uses some SessionProvider interface to acquire and
release the JCR session using login credentials stored in the servlet
session scope. This would make it easy to implement session pooling or
request synchronization depending on the needs of the application.

Note also that we can't use the standard Repository interface as a
facade to a session pool without decorating almost the entire JCR API
since there is no easy way to catch Session.logout() calls.

I'll take a look to integrating the ntdoc contrib project.

Thanks. It'll probably need some adjustment since the ntdoc code was
originally targeted at statically producing output from CND files. In
the webapp context it would probably make more sense to produce
similar output directly from the NodeType instances.

BR,

Jukka Zitting