Hi,

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 2:01 PM, Alexander Klimetschek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
>  It really makes sense, because Jackrabbit can be used embedded. Oracle is a
> massive standalone server, which makes the comparison flawed. Using
> Jackrabbit embedded is probably the main use case, definitely for small
> desktop applications, but also for most web applications.

This seems to be the cause of differing opinions here. IMHO we should
be pushing the Jackrabbit content repository more towards being
"server infrastructure" than a "client library". See also the last
section in http://markmail.org/message/p6nn4nfywa6xcn3z.

It's probably more fruitful to debate that goal, as the way we expose
the shutdown mechanism is highly dependent on the expected deployment
model.

BR,

Jukka Zitting