Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 16.04.2008, 13:24 +0200 schrieb Alexander Klimetschek:
> Am 16.04.2008 um 13:11 schrieb Jukka Zitting:
> > This seems to be the cause of differing opinions here.
>
> Yes ;-)
>
> > IMHO we should
> > be pushing the Jackrabbit content repository more towards being
> > "server infrastructure" than a "client library". See also the last
> > section in http://markmail.org/message/p6nn4nfywa6xcn3z.
>
>  From the perspective of a passionate Jackrabbit user: please do both!
> Embedded is so important in the Java world, and it's a big advantage,
> cause it reliefs you from the complexity of installing, configuring
> and starting an external application.
>
> The best solution IMHO would be:
>
> 1) have a simple Repository start interface, including registering the
> object on JNDI, starting the RMI server etc.

Let me do some selling ;-)

You might want to have a look at the sling/jcrapp module. This creates a
single jar file which just launches the JCR repository and registers
with RMI (and JNDI) out of the box. Give it a try ;-)

You may add start/stop script support easily. And you may even continue
- assuming you are willing to build OSGi bundles, which is great BTW -
to use this same repository embedded by deploying bundles there ..

Everything you ever wanted and more...