Hi,

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 10:53 AM, Tobias Bocanegra
<tobias.bocane...@day.com> wrote:
> i would like to drop the builtin .xml file and read the builtin node types
> only from the .cnd file and additionally add support for a
> "custom_nodetypes.cnd".
> this will make the node types file much more readable and offers users a
> simpler
> way of providing their node types.

I'm a bit afraid that making the file more readable will just
encourage more people to modify it directly. :-(

Instead, couldn't we store the node type information as actual nodes
in the same persistence manager we currently use for versioning
information? This way we could get rid of the current virtual item
states we use for exposing the node types under /jcr:system. Storing
the type information as content would also simplify clustering,
backups, etc.

BR,

Jukka Zitting