Hi,

Property/value indexes: We anyway will have to implement some kind of
database persistence. Databases support transactional indexes. We
could use those instead of using Lucene. Or we could store the index
in JCR nodes (which is part of the large repository b-tree). Indexes
in databases are stored in exactly the same way.

In any case, keeping the index and the persistence in the same storage
simplifies transactional persistence a lot.

A microkernel that relies on Apache Lucene even for simple
property/value indexes is not an option in my view.

Regards,
Thomas