On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 5:41 AM, Thomas Müller <thomas.muel...@day.com> wrote:
> The question is: should Jackrabbit 3 *require* (like now) that the
> credentials for the storage are included in the repository
> configuration? I think for some storage backends it should not require
> that. Instead (only in those cases), it should initialize the

I am not clear what credentials you are refering to and how current
jackrabbit works with backend login. If it's related to storage
backend, it need always store on repository level. Repository
initialisation will need the backend credential to ensure db schema is
there.

Session login credential shouldn't related to backend storage such as
jdbc username/password. Unless we designed to map jcr session user to
jdbc user.

-Guo