On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 14:42, Thomas Müller <thomas.muel...@day.com> wrote:
>> Couldn't this be done by a special wrapping Repository implementation?
>
> That's problematic. Such a wrapper would have quite some overhead. The
> JCR API is not easily "wrapable" if you want to do it correctly: you
> would have to wrap almost every JCR interface and method, including
> Node and Property.

Only if you want to support credentials from Session.login() to be
used dynamically for repository configuration, eg. as credentials for
a JDBC connection. If all you want is to support short URLs in the
RepositoryFactory.getRepository() you don't need to override
Session... and as I just noticed, you can obviously do this in the
RepositoryFactory (if it knows about JR's RepositoryImpl and can do
dynamic configuration).

So my +1 was a bit off... I don't see much use in this atm. If it is
easy to change jr to "allow" for lazy initialization along the way,
ok, but I wouldn't see this as having less priority compared to other
planned changes in j3.

Regards,
Alex

--