Little of both? :grin:

Primarily I am interested because of a grant [1] in which the Smithsonian Institution (where I work) is participating in a supporting role (partly because I convinced us to). That work involves using Cassandra for distributed storage, and it will also involve a distributed LDP implementation (the Fedora API referred to in that grant description is really just a packaging of Memento [2] with LDP [3]), hence my interest in jena-on-cassandra.

As I understand the join question, the usual move with Cassandra is to denormalize and store the joined data together, but that's obviously nontrivial in our situation, where we don't know the potential queries. Have you looked at an indexing solution such as was used by CumulusRDF [4]?

ajs6f

[1] https://www.imls.gov/grants/awarded/lg-71-17-0159-17
[2] http://www.mementoweb.org/guide/quick-intro/
[3] https://www.w3.org/TR/ldp/