TBH I don't think applying it overall is much help.

There is tradeoff on old code between cleaning it and leaving it, warts and all, untouched so git history is not obscured (and "smells" I glanced at looked like "current style").

I actually find the Eclipse "Show revision information" quite useful.

It can be run as Bruno has pointed to.

---

Can it be focused on one part of the code base? Pointing to an active area where change is already happening might be more useful.

    Andy