Let's start with opening up "issues" on github:

Concretely:

GH issues -> issues@jena (new list)
GH pull requests -> pr@jena (current setup)
JIRA -> jira@ (new list)

then change .asf.yaml

dev@ becomes quieter and, hopefully, will give some space for project discussions. The volume of JIRA on dev@ is possibly a bit off-putting.

Add this to .asf.yaml:

github:
  features:
    # Enable issue management
    issues: true

dependabot emails : I don't see anything in the documentation specific to dependabot. It opens pull requests. There is a security dependabot where alerts go to the github repo, and github account notifications and also show up when you git push or do a PR (and are a member of the PMC). No email but anyone active will see them quite quickly.

    Andy