On Sun, Apr 17, 2016 at 2:12 PM, Andrey Pokhilko <a...@ya.ru> wrote:

> IMO, this block is first thing the eye finds while you look at the page.

Yes it was "intended" :-) but I agree twitter is too much.

Github is an important way to get community involvement, in the last months
the number of PR increased importantly. We need to let more user know about
our mirror and the way to contribute. So for me the badges must be there.
It is also important to show that project is "modern" with integrated CI
through travisCI for example.

> I think we'd rather drive people attention to something like quick
> downloads/documentation access.

Those are easily found IMO

> I like the badges, it's good and modern to show them, but not as
> heaviest CTA on the page. I'd put the badges into page header, into top
> right corner.

They were there previously.

> Or as the most bottom block of the sidebar.

Bottom for me means invisible so useless.  For me they must be above the
floating line and at the bottom of sidebar they are under it, you need to
scroll to see them.

> With twitter links, I'd either move them into "community" block, or at
> the most bottom of sidebar.

Same remark as above.

--
Cordialement.