Github user vlsi commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/jmeter/pull/221

    >regarding guava compatibility:

    Regarding "guava usage in Apache Calcite project":
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1325

    >We were incorrect to state that Calcite release 1.8 works with "Guava
versions 12.0.1 to 19.0"; it should state "Guava versions 14.0 to 19.0".
    >Calcite release 1.7 and earlier do not have this problem.

    And so on. The idea is JMeter releases are very rare, and I do not like the
idea of making guava a yet another reason to make "urgent compatibility
releases".

    >Regarding your proposal, there is only 1 contributor to this library, so I
am not a fan.

    The idea is there is no need to improve the library. All the bugs are
resolved long ago, so CLHM serves its purpose well.

    CLHM is superseded by https://github.com/ben-manes/caffeine (java8 only)
cache.

    >I prefer that we just use ConcurrentHashmap then.

    CHM has no way to evict old entries, thus if using just CHM, there would be
a risk of running out of memory (e.g. when CSS resource URLS are dynamically
generated). I do not like exposing JMeter users to OutOfMemory conditions.

---
with INFRA.
---