Github user vlsi commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/jmeter/pull/221

    > like Webdriver, which also uses Guava 19.0

    That basically means if newer Webdriver would use Guava 20, that might
render "newer webdriver incompatible with older JMeter". That is exactly one of
the reasons I'm hesitant to pulling Guava in.
    Current case when "Guava is not used by JMeter itself" makes it more
flexible for the plugins to use whatever version they like (unless the plugins
do not clash with each another)

    > jloisel: String Joiners and Splitters

    Lots of those has native Java8 classes. I do not say Java 8 makes Guava
completely obsolete, however we'd consider each added dependency.

    > great hashing algorithms like MurMur

    Note: JMeter needs high-performant algorithms, so instead of Guava's MurMur
I would use https://github.com/OpenHFT/Zero-Allocation-Hashing

---
with INFRA.
---