I would be fine with both versions 5.5 and 6.0.

For a 5.5 would speak two things.

* Adding features can be done with a minor version update (so a 6.0 is
not necessarily needed)

* and more important a major version could be a good point to drop old
stuff (mongodb sampler, which can't be used for modern mongodb servers,
ftp sampler?, fill in your wishes, ...)

But on the other hand a version is still a number, only.

As asked on another thread, the more urging question would be, when and
what do we want to release next ;)

Felix