Hi,

Currently, I prefer release 5.5 as version, add deprecated elements if needed.

for 6.0 version, probably we can migrate JMeter on next openjdk LTS 11 (or why not 17) (so with OpenJDK official support instead Oracle Java). Using recent openjdk allow improvements from java release.

and for 6.0, add support for HTTP/2.0 request seems be a requirement.

Milamber