Hi Tehetena,
Replies inline...

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 6:46 AM, Tehetena Alemu <tehet...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you for your replay and the links.
>
> Even if I don't understand perfectly what command I use to finally
> translate english text to amharic. I have perfectly accomplish this
> tutorial "https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/JOSHUA/
> Getting+Started"

ok good.

> But when I come to Joshua Tutorial  "https://cwiki.apache.org/
> confluence/display/JOSHUA/Joshua+Tutorial".
> I have faced the following error in "creating the baseline run" as shown
> in the picture attached below.
> [image: Inline image 1]
>
> Thank you very much for your help.

The command above is for running a pipeline which generates a language
pack. This is much more than you need in order to use the Amharic -->
English language pack.

In addition, I see you are attempting to invoke the pipeline with the
incorrect parameters. Please read the output "...FATAL: You must define
--type (hiero|samt|ghkm|phrase|moses)"
Please ensure that one of them is included in the parameters.
Additionally, if you are running this entire task on one line of standard
input, please remove all instances of "\" as these are used to concatenate
input which spans multiple lines of standard input.

I would also advise you to take a look inside of the language pack itself.
If I'm not mistaken all language packs are packaged with a README which
clearly details how to run basic translations.
Lewis