On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 7:13 PM, Charles Oliver Nutter
<head...@headius.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 4:00 AM, kristian <m.krist...@web.de> wrote:
> > one more question: the InvokerGenerator acts on the class files and there
> > are no new sources to compile after the invokation of the
> InvokerGenerator.
> > is that right ?
>
> That is correct.
>
> >> there are some naming issues:
> >> lib/jruby-ng.jar
> >> is the jar maven produces BUT it is difficult to get the "-ng" away :(
>
> Is that because of the shading? If it produces that but we can copy
> the result to lib/jruby.jar, I don't think it matters.

copy with maven is such complicated thing :(
maybe I find another way to include the depending jar and get the right
name - just found
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-shade-plugin
which will do the trick without copy :)

>> same with
> >> lib/jni
> >> which contains the native libs unpacked from
> >> com.github.jnr:jffi:native:1.2.5
>
> What's the issue?

when I unpack that artifact it creates
lib/jni
with all its native libs and not
lib/native
and again copy/move in maven is unpleasant.

but let's see what is possible though I was hoping that changing the
directory from 'native' to 'jni' could be a possibility ;)

> >> actually there following native jars missing in the above artifact:
> >> ppc-AIX
> >> sparcv9-SunOS
> >> x86_64-FreeBSD
>
> Ok, good to know. I think we have support for them in jffi, but not
> sure why they're not in JRuby repo.

they are in ./build_lib but not on maven central inside the native jar of
jffi from maven central !!

> >> the lib/jruby-ng.jar is almost the same as lib/jruby.jar (from the ant
> >> build) but some little differences and yecht is still missing as an
> >> artifact. and the manifest did not see any attention, i.e. is just some
> >> default.
>
> yecht.jar is a bit of a special case since it's built out of another
> repo and copied into JRuby. We can probably spin a maven artifact for
> that to be fetched and copied into the right place.
>
> I will put that one into
./localrepo
just did not think about that earlier the same as I did with all the other
jars.

 >> regarding the joda timezones - that can be done similar as the ant
> script
> >> BUT it would be much easier to make its own maven module
> (jruby-timezones
> >> artifact) out of it, then it is just a simple dependency which gets
> embedded
> >> and the update is the same procedure as all other artifacts.
>
> I feel like someone has to have done this before. If they have not, we
> should probably work with joda folks to make it happen under their
> group, so everyone can take advantage of it.
>
> sounds good. anyways I will take the existing code to bundle it up - maybe
that is a good starting point for the joda-folks ;)

> Thanks so much for your help on this! I'd like to switch master over
> as soon as you feel like it's ready.

let's say once maven runs the tests and they all pass then I feel ready :)

the weekends are basically family days !!!

- christian