hi,

On Sat, Jul 6, 2013 at 8:30 AM, Charles Oliver Nutter
<head...@headius.com>wrote:

> With this we've mostly drunk the full mvn kool-aid as far as modules
> and source layout, though there will be ongoing tweaks and reorg for
> nonstandard parts of JRuby. But I'm happy to see where this is going,
> and it seems pretty clean at the moment.
>
> FWIW the JRuby maven plugins snapshots *were* pushed, but were not
> specified in pluginRepositories section.
>
> I push a release next week - so please  report any problems with the
bootstrap here !!

Still remaining to do:

> * The "clean" phase for the "test" module wipes out all gems installed
> in jruby.home (lib/ruby/gems/shared). We should probably only be
> wiping out the gems we bootstrap with, or not wiping out this dir at
> all.

I made the cleanup to simple :( but in general it would be nice if mvn
clean would remove the files it created and copied somewhere in to jruby
directory tree. I did add this to openssl and readline but got somehow lost
on the way.

> * The Java-based unit tests still don't pass completely.
> * Dist artifacts need to be reassembled.

I will have a look at those. including attaching sources and javadocs jars
for deployment. and ensure we do not have any repositories in use for
deployment (better let mavne fail during deploy then have an artifact
online which can not resolve with central maven)

> * Continued tidying up of repository.
> * Additional submodules (probably) for:
> ** spec (or this may move under test
> ** lib/** (to allow building managing maven artifacts for different
> stdlib versions)
> ** bench (or this may move under test)
> ** tool (utilities for preparing releases, updating stdlib, etc
>
> At some point I'll review these threads to make sure we have not
> missed anything else.

one big question is whether jruby wants to use sonatype as well or stay on
codehaus ?

- christian

- Charlie