this was/is working but the latest setup which does not require 2012j first
broke travis - for whatever reason but the current ant-maven-mix is just
kind of hard to debug especially if the issue is only on travis.

I got travis finally working but it appears that also other people see the
same difficulty as travis and just fixed their problems with killing the
tzdata thingy:
https://github.com/jruby/jruby/commit/70efe89a882a9937f1ee7b1c3bc6345161433acb#commitcomment-3592198

so I am reverting that commit since it breaks other peoples work
environment and I cannot debug it since I do not see the problem locally.

but the tzdata feature is NOT working anymore. maybe I find another way to
pack or wait until joda-time offers those timezones.

- christian