From: Pellerin, Clement
Sent: Friday, September 20, 2019 5:24 PM
To: dev@kafka.apache.org
Subject: RE: [DISCUSS] KIP-519: Make SSL context/engine configuration extensible

The KIP now says: We believe that making SSLEngine creation pluggable is worth
to allow SSL experts to write their own implementation having the SSL domain
knowledge and keep them free of knowing much about Kafka's reconfigurability.

The other custom reconfigurable extension points don't seem to have a problem
with that. You may have a point though, so I need to look at the
reconfiguration code you mention.

Is your latest prototype available so I can study it?