Hi Qarl,

there probably (and sadly) is no good answer to your question. Windows is
not an officially supported platform to run Kafka on and there is a large
number of unresolved tickets in Jira on this topic.
Most notable is probably KAFKA-1194 [1].

I haven't closely followed this, I thought we were getting close to a
solution a little while ago, but the ticket is still unresolved .. maybe
someone else knows more on the current state than is documented in the
ticket?

Best regards,
Sönke

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1194