Agree. Once we have the basic API we can decide what belongs and what
doesn't. I remember requests for broker status, version, and various
other things. Considering all those options together will be too much
at this point.

One thing that may be worth considering is whether you want to include
not just the controller ID but also its epoch. This will allow
resolving cases where brokers respond with outdated information. I
haven't thought it through, so maybe it doesn't make sense here, but I
was wondering if this was considered.

--
Gwen Shapira
Engineering Manager | Confluent