Hey Matthew, as you call out in the KIP there are few impls floating
around, including my WIP PR here:

https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/10652

The tests are currently passing except for a couple asserts related to
failback (commented out). It appears your PR doesn't address failback, so I
think we can consider the two impls functionally equivalent, more or less.

However, I've cheated a bit here: I've added a "remote.topic.suffix"
property and have the integration tests configured to use it. So I can get
active/active replication to _mostly_ work with my impl, but that's not
really a requirement per se. It's fine with me if
Identity/LegacyReplicationPolicy explicitly only supports active/passive.
In that case, we can drop the "remote.topic.suffix" stuff, which would
require a separate KIP anyway.

I think that means we can take my ReplicationPolicy (minus
remote.topic.suffix) and your tests and get to a working state without any
changes to the public interface, wdyt?

Ryanne