Thanks for this, I wasn't aware of the co-authored capabilities for
git/github. In this case @Ryanne I don't think I need to split apart my
commits, you can just add my email/name to the commit. Also make sure to
add ivanyu (https://github.com/ivanyu) since he made the original PR/tests
at https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/9395, I just fixed/rebased them for
the latest trunk.

On Fri, May 21, 2021 at 12:48 PM Mickael Maison <mickael.mai...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> [...]
> you
> > can cherry pick the test commit in your PR.
> >
> > Thanks a lot for the work!
> >
> > On Fri, May 21, 2021 at 12:53 AM Ryanne Dolan <ryannedo...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Matthew, I stole your integration tests to prove that point, but I
> would
> > > like to make sure you get credit for them in the commit history. If you
> > > want to break out your tests into a separate commit, I can cherry-pick
> them
> > > into my PR.
> > >
> > > That would yield a PR with:
> > > - a couple bug fixes from me in MirrorSourceConnector and MirrorClient
> in
> > > order to support IdentityReplicationPolicy
> > > - my IdentityReplicationPolicy, based on yours and previous work, but
> > > without the API change
> > > - your tests
> > >
> > > ...which I think we shouldn't have trouble getting merged.
> > >
> > > We still have the open question of whether to call this
> > > IdentityReplicationPolicy (which seems to be the general consensus) or
> > > LegacyReplicationPolicy (which is what I called it back in KIP-382).
> I'm
> > > onboard with IdentityReplicationPolicy, but this [Discuss] thread is a
> good
> > > place to bring it up in case anyone objects.
> > >
> > > Ryanne

> https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/10652/files#diff-79a09517576a35906123533490ed39c0e1a9416878e284d7b71f5f4c53eeca29R31
> this
> KIP.

> > > implementation a
> adjusting to
> > > order

> takes
> doing a

> ryannedo...@gmail.com>

> floating

> related to
> failback,
> or

> "remote.topic.suffix"
> I can
> that's
> > > not
> would

> without

> this
> way
> > > as
> passing

> Kafka
> > > aren't
> > > > >> >

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-737%3A+Add+canTrackSource+to+ReplicationPolicy

> > --
> >
> > Matthew de Detrich
> >
> > *Aiven Deutschland GmbH*
> >
> > Immanuelkirchstraße 26, 10405 Berlin
> >
> > Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 209739 B
> >
> > *m:* +491603708037
> >
> > *w:* aiven.io *e:* matthew.dedetr...@aiven.io

--

Matthew de Detrich

*Aiven Deutschland GmbH*

Immanuelkirchstraße 26, 10405 Berlin

Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 209739 B

Geschäftsführer: Oskari Saarenmaa & Hannu Valtonen