Hi Mason,
Thanks for the KIP.
But I think since the quota value won't change from time to time unless
admin alter it, it might be waste of resources to record it on each
produce/fetch API.
It can alternatively be achieved by using the kafka-configs.sh to describe
ALL users/clients/default to have a overview of the quota values when
needed.

What do you think?

Thank you.
Luke,