Hi Florin,
Thanks for the KIP.

This KIP makes sense to me. Just a comment that the motivation section is
not clearly explain why this KIP is important.
I think John already mentioned a good motivation, which is to support "not
only UTF-8".
You should put that into the KIP, and of course if you have other thoughts,
please also add them into KIP.

Also, in the "public interface" section, there are 3 "Default parsing
pattern", I think you should add 1 remaining case (false, false) to make it
complete.

Otherwise, look good to me.

Thank you.
Luke