Thanks Bruno,

Yes, although IQv2 is not fully implemented (it doesn't
query global stores, and it doesn't support every query we
ultimately want), the queries that are implemnted do work as
expected.

The main concern was that, right now, it's the job of the
Metered layer to translate queries and responses between
Java types and binary data. The suggestions that came in
after the KIP was approved were to consider moving to a
generic type-mapping API or to move to a lazy
de/serialization approach. I think either of those is a good
suggestion, but I haven't had time to really explore the
implementation to see how either would really pan out.

You are correct, though, all these APIs are marked
"Evolving", so we can always break compatibility later if we
feel like we have a much better approach.

Let's give the community a few days to chime in. If no one
votes to pull it out, I'll plan to just keep it in. If we do
remove it, then KIPs 805 and 806 would also be removed.

Thanks,
-John