On Thu, May 5, 2022, at 15:57, Israel Ekpo wrote:
> Thanks Colin.
>
> I think we may need to update the KIP name to reflect the intent of the KIP
> and convey everything it’s about if all the 3 action items will be covered
> by the same KIP
>
> It contains three parts:
>
> Marking KRraft as Production Ready
> Deprecating ZK Mode and
> Removing Zookeeper Mode
>
> Should this be broken up in three separate KIPs since it will be done in
> multiple releases?

Hi Israel,

I think these three things are closely related, and it makes sense to have them
in a single KIP. Obviously we cannot remove ZK before deprecating it, or
deprecate it before marking it as production-ready. So if we had 3 KIPs the
discussion would get quite confusing since we'd constantly be referencing the
other discussion thread(s).

> The current name of the KIP only conveys the first item and not the next
> two
>
> It is just a thought. I will like to get your perspective

Names are always a hard part :) I didn't want the name to get too long. Maybe
if others want to see a longer name I can change it -- I'm open.

best,
Colin