Hey all, I figured I'd give an update about what known blockers we have
right now:

- KAFKA-16101: KRaft migration rollback documentation is incorrect -
https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/15193; This need not block RC
creation, but we need the docs updated so that people can test properly
- KAFKA-14616: Topic recreation with offline broker causes permanent URPs -
https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/15230 ; I am of the understanding that
this is blocking JBOD for 3.7
- KAFKA-16162: New created topics are unavailable after upgrading to 3.7 -
a strict blocker with an open PR https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/15232
- although I understand Proveen is out of office
- KAFKA-16082: JBOD: Possible dataloss when moving leader partition - I am
hearing mixed opinions on whether this is a blocker (
https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/15136)

Given that there are 3 JBOD blocker bugs, and I am not confident they will
all be merged this week - I am on the edge of voting to revert JBOD from
this release, or mark it early access.

By all accounts, it seems that if we keep with JBOD the release will have
to spill into February, which is a month extra from the time-based release
plan we had of start of January.

Can I ask others for an opinion?

Best,
Stan