Hi all,

We previously discussed this KIP for documenting how we deal with unstable
MetadataVersions. At that time, we didn't bring it to a vote.

Proven handed this off to me, and I've made some changes to the proposal since
then:

- I expanded the scope to also cover "RPCs with latestVersionUnstable"

- I expanded the scope to cover other unstable KIP-584 features
(MetadataVersion is just one KIP-584 feature, after all)

- Made a single configuration cover all of the above. Since it's silly to
enable an unstable MV, but have it fail because you have not also set some
other configurations to get unstable things.

- Clarified that unstable features will be usable only from JUnit, nowhere else

- Added a "rejected alternatives" section

- Clarified that there is no need to "reserve" previously used but no longer
extant unstable features, MVs, or RPCs.

Please take a look.

best,
Colin