Hi, Colin,

Thanks for restarting the discussion. A few comments.

1. "An unstable RPC version can be changed at any time, until it becomes
stable."

What's our recommendation to non-java developers? Should they start
building a new version of an RPC until it is stable?

Should we explicitly mark unstable versions of PRC in
https://kafka.apache.org/protocol.html? Currently, it's not clear which
versions are unstable.

2. enable.unstable.features: Our current convention is to put enable in the
suffix in config names.

3. It would be useful to explicitly mention the removal of the following
two configs in the public interfaces section.
unstable.api.versions.enable
unstable.feature.versions.enable

4. "Clusters can be created with unstable MVs, but only in JUnit tests."
Hmm, we should allow developers to test unstable MVs in a real cluster,
right?

5. "This also implies that if there are no stable MVs for a release,
parsing will fail."
So for every release, we need to have at least one stable MV in that
release number (e.g 3.8)? It would be useful to document that.

Jun