Hi Andrew thanks for having a look into the KIP

> AS1: Besides topics, the most numerous resources in Kafka clusters in my
> experience
> are consumer groups. Would it be possible to extend the KIP to cover
> ListGroups while
> you’re in here? I’ve heard of clusters with truly vast numbers of groups.
> This is also
> potentially a sign of a misbehaving or poorly written clients. Getting a page
> of groups
> with a massive ItemsLeftToFetch would be nice.
Yes, I also had few experiences with large cluster where to list consumer
groups can take up to 5min. I update the KIP to include this as well.

> AS2: A tiny nit: The versions for the added fields are incorrect in some
> cases.
I believe I fixed all of them now

> AS3: I don’t quite understand the cursor for OffsetFetchRequest/Response.
> It looks like the cursor is (topic, partition), but not group ID. Does the
> cursor
> apply to all groups in the request, or is group ID missing?

I was thinking that the last one in the response will be the one that has the
cursor while the rest will have null. But if we are moving NextCursour to the
top level of the response then the cursor will need groupID.
> AS4: For the remaining request/response pairs, the cursor makes sense to me,
> but I do wonder whether `NextCursor` should be at the top level of the
> instead, like DescribeTopicPartitionsResponse.

Updates the KIP to reflect this now.

Let me know if you have any more feedback on this.

Best
Omnia