Hi David, Thanks for having a look into this!

> DJ1: Why do we want to migrate only a subset of the APIs vs migrating all
> of them? For instance, there are DescribeGroups, ConsumerGroupDescribe,
> etc. Do we have reasons not to migrate them too? I think that it would be
> great to have a KIP that establishes the pattern for all the admin APIs.

No particular reason I only was trying to focus on the requests that cause the
most pain ( as far as I know with Kafka). I don’t mind expand it to other
requests in AdminClient as well.
The other thing I was wondering about if  max.request.partition.size.limit
still make sense or should it be renamed (or have another one called
max.request.pagingation.size.limit) if we going to expand to cover all Admin
requests.  I am leaning toward max.request.pagingation.size.limit and
max.request.partition.size.limit can be set for now to
max.request.partition.size.limit by default.

I have updated the KIP now to cover more requests please have a second look and
let me know if I missed any?

> DJ2: I am not a fan of all the new parameters passed to the tools
> (e.g. --partition-size-limit-per-response). I wonder if we could rather
> have a config in the admin client to set the default page size for all
> requests.

If it going to be pattern to all requests I agree it should be an admin config
then.
Updated the KIP with this now.

> DJ3: I assume that the Admin client will transparently handle the change.
> It would be great to call it out in the compatibility section.

Updated, Old clients will still have the old behaviour of no pagingation while
all new versions will support this.

Thanks
Omnia