Hi,

If I understand correctly, instead of maintaining the tool further (via KIP-752) we want to deprecate the tool?

This is fine, but it seem the KIP deadline for 3.9 passed, so we cannot deprecate it in 3.9, but only in 4.0? And even if we make an exception, we usually have a deprecation period of at least 1 year, so removing the tool in 4.0 seems to be something we cannot do?

-Matthias