Hey all,

I agree with Chia-Ping that the deprecation should definitely occur in 3.9.

My understanding (after discussing offline with some folks) is that we
typically wait 1 year after deprecation, but there are some exceptions to
that rule. For KIP-1013, we traded off not waiting the whole period in
order to get broker and tools deprecation before clients. This was done
after some careful consideration and it ended up being almost a year anyway
with the 3.8 and 3.9 releases :)

I think there could be an argument for deprecating this tool sooner than a
year. (It is likely not used in production setups) But I am also ok with
waiting a year if we think it is needed.

Justine