We can probably get the new CI working on older release branches, it will
just take a bit of effort. As a start, we can just disable the build cache
for these builds. I'm not sure caching is even that useful beyond the time
between the branch point and the .0 release (since the rate of change slows
way down after a release). There is also a 10Gb limit for our total cache
items, which we are pretty close to already.