The original requirement was lazy majority of PMC which definitely
seems overly restrictive.

> Why not go with usual definition: "lazy" = "No strong objections for few
> days"?
> This means contributors will not be blocked on issues where no one cares to
> comment (and we had few of those).

I think one benefit of not doing the "just lazy" approach would be to
ensure that the proposal has been vetted - otherwise a contributor may
go ahead and spend a ton of time proceeding with an implementation
plan only to receive a -1 on a code change which automatically moves
to a lazy majority anyway. If a change is non-controversial and not
particularly extensive, then a KIP is not required in the first place
so this is less of an issue (i.e., if the code review moves to a lazy
majority).

For a large piece of work (that encourage a KIP), the more restrictive
voting requirements probably make sense to avoid the undesirable
scenario of a lot of effort spent on a feature only to have it
subsequently voted down. Does this sound reasonable?  I changed the
wiki back to lazy majority - which makes it less restrictive than it
was, but I think we should all agree whether to make it even less
restrictive or not.

Yes there are KIPs that are currently blocked on feedback/votes, but I
don't think it is an issue of not caring to comment vs having so many
KIPs and other code reviews in flight that people are just swamped.

Joel