Joel,
       Having only 2 or 3 KIPS under active discussion is concerning.
       This will slow down development process as well.
Having a turn-around time for a KIP is a good idea but what will happen
if it didn't received required votes within that time frame.
Its probably more helpful for contributors if its "lazy" as in "no
strong objections" .
Just to make sure this is only for KIPs not for regular bug fixes right?
Thanks,
Harsha