Hi Ismael,

I have a couple of comments on the wiki pages / merge scripts:

1. In the wiki page it mentions "If the change is new, then it usually
needs a new JIRA. However, trivial changes, where "what should change" is
virtually the same as "how it should change" do not require a JIRA.
Example: "Fix typos in Foo scaladoc"."

So it sounds we are going to allow pull requests without a JIRA ticket, but
later we are also mentioning:

"The PR title should be of the form [KAFKA-xxxx].." which is a bit
conflicting with the previous statement. Could you clarify it? Today our
commits are mostly with JIRAs except some trivial ones that are only done
by committers, I can either extend this to non-committers or not, just that
we need to make it clear.

2. The git commit message is a little verbose to me, for example:

------

commit ee88dbb67f19b787e12ccef37982c9459b78c7b6

Author: Geoff Anderson <ge...@confluent.io>

Date:   Thu Jul 9 14:58:01 2015 -0700

   KAFKA-2327; broker doesn't start if config defines advertised.host but
not advertised.port

   Added unit tests as well. These fail without the fix, but pass with the
fix.

   Author: Geoff Anderson <ge...@confluent.io>

   Closes #73 from granders/KAFKA-2327 and squashes the following commits:

   52a2085 [Geoff Anderson] Cleaned up unecessary toString calls

   23b3340 [Geoff Anderson] Fixes KAFKA-2327

------

The "Author" field is redundant, and we could probably also omit the github
commits. What do you think?

Guozhang