Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the wiki. Just a couple of comments:

   - The disruptive config change issue that you mentioned is pretty much a
   non-issue in the new consumer due to central assignment.
   - Optional: but it may be helpful to add a concrete example.
   - More of an orthogonal observation than a comment: with heavily skewed
   subscriptions fairness is sort of moot. i.e., people would generally scale
   up or down subscription counts with the express purpose of
   reducing/increasing load on those instances.
   - WRT roundrobin we later realized a significant flaw in the way we lay
   out partitions: we originally wanted to randomize the partition layout to
   reduce the likelihood of most partitions of the same topic from ending up
   on a given consumer which is important if you have a few very large topics.
   Unfortunately we used hashCode - which does a splendid job of clumping
   partitions from the same topic together :( We can probably just "fix" that
   in the new consumer's roundrobin assignor.

Thanks,

Joel