A couple of questions:

1. The KIP says "Specific version may be deprecated through protocol
documentation but must still be supported (although it is fair to return an
error code if the specific API supports it).". It may be worth expanding
this a little more. For example, what does it mean to support the API? I
guess this means that the broker must not disconnect the client and the
broker must return a valid protocol response. Given that it says that it is
"fair" (I would probably replace "fair" with "valid") to return an error
code if the specific API supports it, it sounds like we are saying that we
don't have to maintain the semantic behaviour (i.e. we could _always_
return an error for a deprecated API?). Is this true?

2. ApiVersionQueryRequest seems a bit verbose, why not ApiVersionRequest?

Ismael